Sunday 29 January 2012

Mama's Love

Buffalo broth is done.  It was a little tougher on his system then some of the others.  We noticed more hiccups.  He was a tad more fussy during the day and waking a lot in the night.  Nothing too serious, and maybe it was just a coincidence.  This means we are done with our *skip a day* routine.  That makes my heart anxious.  We now start with everyday.  5 days of one bite of just lamb broth in a row didn't work for us, so we are still planning on switching up the broths every day.  How I wish I could do this for him, or know the out come of it.  Know that we are making the right choices, or doing it the right way.  Are we preventing him from getting sick, or are we just slowing down the process of giving him food?  I wish there were instructions.   No tells you, or maybe no one can tell you how much your heart is going to change once you become a mom.  How intense the love is, or how protective it is.  How much it can hurt.  How it is painstakingly the most beautiful thing you can ever experience.   How in a split second your heart no longer belongs to just you.  It now has the forever job of wanting to make the world a better place for them, where they can experience life in all it's beauty.   My mom is one of my best friends.  I love her.  I still want to run to her with every joy, and every hurt.  A mama's love,  it NEVER ends.  God loves us more than that.  He loves us more perfectly than we could ever love.  He wants us to run to Him with every concern and hurt so that He can take it and make it His.  He wants to share in our joy.  He gives as all of those things so that He can mold us into something absolutely beautiful. Sometimes it's hard for me to feel that love, but I know that it is there for the taking,  it's there to transform me. It is fierce.  He loves us like a hurricane.
My mama, holding Levi in one of his favorite positions when his tummy was sore.

























2 comments:

  1. 'A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.'

    Levi is on the lips of our prayers daily. Thanks for update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Joce! I love this quote...

    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."

    XXOO...Dom

    ReplyDelete