Saturday 14 January 2012

It skips a beat

My heart.  All time stands still.  Everything stops.  Including my breath.  This feeling of panic invades my whole being as I stand and wait.   With every hiccup....... we've had lots (3 or 4 times a day), with the spit up after a feed.  With the screaming for over an hour before bed.   With the red rimmed dopey eyes that look me all tired and glassy after a nap.   Why do I let this happen?  Or why does this happen?  Is it just coincidence or am I looking for things??  He rarely, if ever does any of those things any more.  Questions fly through my head..... can 2 bites of broth do this?  Really?  Adam notices too.  It's not just me.   We are not stopping..... we will keep going.  Today was a *skip a day* tomorrow we do pork.   He has been running around and laughing today.  He has a bit of a runny nose, but he is happy. 
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

  1. Your faith, bravery, and commitment are awesome! Keep it up Jocelyn - you're doing AMAZING - lots of love and prayers for the Carr Clan!

    ReplyDelete