Tuesday 10 January 2012

Hot Soup for Lunch

Well not exactly soup.  Broth.  5 different ones.  Beef, Pork, Buffalo, Venison, Fish.  We start tomorrow.  1 teaspoon of each every other day.   I'm not fearing an FPIES reaction,  just for the mere fact that we have done this before.  Levi has ate those, minus the venison and pork...... so I'm a teeny bit nervous of those.  But the respiratory problems we get cause me great stress.   We have got pneumonia within 3 days of more than 2 oz in a day.    Actually if I allow it, it can paralyze me in fear.  It took me all I could to take an ice cube of broth out to start to thaw it.  I wish I could keep coming up with excuses as to why I shouldn't start right now.  But I can't and Levi has to eat.  So I am writing this blog entry so you can keep me accountable.  I have to lay down my fear at Jesus' feet.  Surrender it to Him.  With the knowledge that this is His battle and not mine, that I have to rest in His strength.   But I can't sit back and do nothing with that strength, I have to go forward in it.  What seems scary and impossible to me is His victory.  His alone.  Besides God loves the impossible.  So tomorrow I do that.  I give Levi one teaspoon of venison.  And then I will watch the clock.  And for goop.

  Good News
 There's really no such thing as impossible for you,
 because all things are possible with God.
There's no mountain too high,no valley too deep,
no trial too wide to stand in His way.
He's with you, for you,
working on your behalf today.
And many who care are praying with you
and standing beside you-
until we see the impossible come true.

With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26

--Holley Gerth

6 comments:

  1. Stay strong Jocelyn - the Lord will pull you back if it is too much. Praying over here and sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you my love, my strength and my faith that you are making the right decision and doing what is the very best thing for your beautiful baby boy. Stay calm, be at peace and send out only positive energy. I am praying for you! xo L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jocelyn, I'll pray for no goop. I'll pray that you'll have strength and no fear. I'll pray for Levi to be able to sustain this wee bit of food which we so take for granted

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jocelyn, I had read your facebook status from time to time and was not sure of what may be happening with your little one, this sounds like a struggle for sure,a struggle to find peace in this situation. Today my devotional was simple:
    This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it" from Psalms. Take it one day at a time, rejoice each day celebrate life...for that's all we can do.
    Praying for Levi and your family for wisdom, strength, and peace.
    Lisa Ouwehand

    ReplyDelete
  5. prayers! And have faith that God will sustain...

    ReplyDelete