Tuesday 3 January 2012

I can do all things...

Through Christ who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:13   Quotes about strength fly around the Internet all the time.   These are 2 of my favorites.    "Anyone can give up, its the easiest thing to do.  But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."  and "You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."  But in all honesty I falter a lot.  I panic a lot.  I cry a lot.  I never feel strong.  I have to rely on God to be my strength, and sometimes that is even hard.  He has to be my true strength, and when I'm questioning Him and where is HE??  An expected status update from a friend on facebook, or a Bible verse pops up.  I've even been surprised with a friend showing up at my door and dropping off a gift.  RIGHT when I need it...... He comes to me, right where I am.  AMAZING.    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord.  "They are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray,  I will listen.  If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me." Jeremiah 29: 11-13  What a promise.  I also read somewhere that your kids are like sand paper. God uses them to rub off your rough edges.  Oh how very true.   I'm hoping to write down this journey..... the journey that God has given to me, because He thinks I'm strong enough to walk it.... even if I don't like it, or want it.  So that I can look back and see Him and be thankful for the good moments and realize that even in the bad moments that He still had his eye on me.  There is beauty in hindsight.   I have witnessed it.  So join me if you'd like, I don't promise to write a lot, or every day.  But you are are welcome to come along for the ride, as I try to "Find Peace In Every Situation".

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing - this wisdom comes through adversity and with God on your side, you WILL win! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jocelyn,

    You know that Levi looks like such a healthy little guy so no one would ever know that you are struggling with such a challenge. Thank-you for sharing and I look forward to reading about your journey. I do think of all of you often and your blogs will help me know how to pray for you. I always wish that there was more I could do for you and yet I know that prayer is the best thing that we can do!
    Thank you again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a future AND a hope! oh that verse has never been so real to me since encountering FPIES. it was just over used scripture before that. and they do. He promises!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jocelyn......you ARE a strong woman!! I'll be following.....strength from above to you and Adam.
    (HUGS) Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Jocelyn, really hits home, thank you for being so honest! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete