Tuesday 3 January 2012

2012. Beginnings.

As we begin this new year and this new blog, I'm praying for wisdom on
how, what, when and how much to begin with. New year's Resolutions??
That's SO 2010. (pre-Levi) Now I just think food.

We've got to get a menu for our little dude. As I start this blog
Levi is still exclusively breast fed. At almost 22 months old. Every
2 hours, day and night. My diet is limited. I can count on my
fingers the number of different foods I can eat. I don't get to 10.
I'm not complaining, I actually find it quite miraculous that we do
as well as we do. My diet is really not that healthy, and Levi is
growing and gaining weight quite nicely. We have baffled our GI
doctor with the weight gain...... last April we were told we had
reached our failure to thrive point. Meaning that Levi would stop
gaining or growing if we didn't feed him food. Well 5 months later we
gained 2 pounds, and now almost 9 months later we are almost at 5 all
together. Nothing short of a miracle. I may be biased but not only
Move over Beiber.
is he gaining weight, but he is beautiful, reaching milestones, and
not sick, and did I mention reaching milestones?!?! When we got our
diagnosis last December at 9.5 months old, he was barely rolling and
not very vocal. He sat there like a bump on the log. A cute bump,
but a bump no less. This Christmas although not talking, he is really
trying, and his *sounds* definitely sound like words to our trained
ears. He also is a dancing machine. That being said, this Dairy Queen
would like to close up shop sometime this year, so that I to can 
add some healthier menu options. So we begin this year with dreams,
hope and prayer. I'm praying BIG. 5 foods by the time he is TWO.
That is 2 months away......

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy you started a blog Jocelyn! You will find a lot of support, encouragement and strength in the blogging community. I'm going to put a link to your blog on twitter and hopefully some other moms who might be struggling with a child with FPIES will find you and some hope. You are doing such an amazing job with Levi. Have faith not only in God but yourself, you're one of the strongest moms I know. :)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...Jocelyn...
    I'm just finished reading these blog entries... and having had only a glimpse of what was going on with Levi through Facebook, I now see a bit more of the significance of his health and your stress and ache as a mom.
    Keep blogging.... writing out your journey is cathartic to be sure...
    and I will commit to praying more...
    sincerely.
    blessings..
    grace...
    peace...
    wisdom...
    insight...
    humour...
    rest...
    ~ mary margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your journey Joce! I had never heard of FPIES before Levi, and it's such an incredible, unbelievable situation~ not being able to feed your child because food makes him sick! You have been an amazing example of what it means to be loving, giving mom. Beautiful little Levi is baffling the doctors, thriving on breast milk alone for almost two years!! God is definitely working a miracle in his life already, and will continue to do so! I will continue to pray for strength and endurance for you. And of course for a complete healing for Levi! I actually sometimes find myself waking up in the middle of the night, praying for you and Levi. Last night was actually one of those nights. You are a beautiful, fun, loving family and we love you all so very much!! Thank you for sharing the touching video. Levi is a very special, adorable little guy who has a story to tell! Hang on to your faith, and I pray that God will give you peace in this situation. Luv Lin

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister Linda told me about your story. With two young boys of my own, I couldn't imagine what this must be like for yyou and your family. I will be in strong prayers for little Levi everyday. He has already become one of God's miracles. God will keep him in his arms. I pray that God will keep you and your husband's faith strong too. Always hope, always pray, never give up, and always turn to the Lord in all circumstances. Blessings to you and your family,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete