Wednesday 18 January 2012

Ice Ice Baby

We have 2 days, and 2 bites of pork under our belt.  My heart didn't skip a beat.  Not even once.  He handled it like a champ.  Not sure if it is because it is a meat broth (easier to digest) or because that is one of the things I can eat.  It doesn't matter either way.... we are just leaping and jumping and praising God.  Just like the lame man in Acts, who stood up and walked after many years of sitting at the Temple Gates.  He was lame at birth, and a man when his miracle happened.  Check it out in Acts 3.  I believe in miracles, and we need one.   SO that got me to thinking.  On patience.  On waiting.   Doing those things and finding strength.  Okay.  If you know me, I'm not a patience person.  I like it done.....  yesterday.  If I think about it.....  I want it done now.  You get the picture.  That's me.   This patience thing I am going to have to work on it.   We are still going to plunk away at a bite every other day.  I will continue to watch which broths are easier on his little system.   Tomorrow is beef.... a bone broth.   So until Levi can enjoy a larger amount of food.  He will continue to eat ice.  He LOVES ice.  Really.  You should see how he claps his hands, and runs his funny little run to the freezer.  He got a snow cone machine for Christmas.   That, along with a toothbrush were by far his favorite gifts :)
Wait patiently for the Lord.  Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord. Psalm 27:14


6 comments:

  1. my heart hurts for you...but not in sorrow but in joy! Fingers crossed-toes too that this is the beginning of many successes. I have read about FPIES lately, and some articles say that children can eat fruits and vegetables, but protein is a huge trigger...can Levi have ANY solids? From what you have written it appears not. As always, my thoughts are with you. Keep strong! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sheri. Yes.... all FPIES kids are SO different. Some of them can eat one thing, and another not so much. We have fed Levi carrots(in a very small amount) before we were diagnosed. Once we were diagnosed we tried to get him on a elemental (medical) formula that made him very sick. I pulled carrots then so there would be no second guessing. Carrots is something we are going to try again soonish :) Unfortunately he reacts to A LOT of fruit and veggies through my milk.... so I don't even try them.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for update Jocelyn. Levi's taste buds certainly aren't spoiled with liking ice so much..so sweet 'the ice boy'
    If I continue to read your blogs, which I will, I also have to stop wearing mascara.
    love and continual prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. No you're not that sad. It is a very touching story though and the way you write, it's like experiencing this first hand. (I cry easily as well, like opening ribbon cutting ceremonies of Walmart..or the Dunnville parade :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, awesome ICE! Great for oral skills! We have that same machine and those same ice holders! :) Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete