Sunday 20 January 2013

FPIES... Over and Out

Our FPIES souvenir
I  have read through some of my beginning blogs.  I sit here in awe.  God's Grace honestly leaves me speechless.  Some of those days I don't remember, maybe I was (and am) still to tired to remember, maybe my brain is blocking it out.  I was nervous to write down this journey and share it with you all, I was an emotional mess back then, the fear was overwhelming,  I didn't know how far we would come, or how boring it might be for you all to read it.  But I did it, mostly for selfish reasons, I needed you all to pray for us, and you did just that.   You covered us in prayer.  That my friends is truly what held me up, and why we are where we are today.  Prayer, and God's healing mercies.

No longer fits!

FPIES stretched me, and grew me in ways that I never imagined.  It brought me to Holy ground, as that was the only place I could fall, and fall I did.  Many, many times, each time to be picked up with a new little sign that healing was taking place in my little boy's body.

Last January I came to you, over the world wide web, and asked you to join me in praying for 5 things that Levi would be able to eat before he turned 2.  Five things in 2 short months.  It seemed impossible to me.  Impossible was where I was at last January, a time when fear was beating at my door everyday, and "darkness felt like winning" but yet,


                                                         Laura Story

I think I can say that I am VERY close to 1000 sleepless nights, and that I have witnessed the healing in the tears.   2013, is different. I can feel it in my soul.  I am beginning it with joy, dreams of vacations, and making beautiful memories with my family.  We are beginning it with a little boy who is eating and who's iron levels are no longer a HUGE concern.  He is talking and laughing more, and doing more "normal" 2 and half year old things, like bugging his big brother and sister.   We are entering a whole new stage of life.  It has been a bit of a blur, these FPIES years.  I am happy that I have written down our journey, so that I may always look back and see where God literally carried me through.  I will always count it a blessing to have witnessed this amount of His immeasurable love.  But that is that.  FPIES is no longer in our house, don't get me wrong, we still have issues with food, but they are not all consuming.   Levi has a LONG, beautiful menu.    This is our new family theme song.....

Jason Gray

We are leaving FPIES in 2012, we will continue to kick it in the butt for the rest of our days,  as a gift from our Heavenly Father.  This past year I have "Found Peace."

  

2 comments:

  1. This was beautiful. Thank you for sharing hope to other FPIES mamas. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joce, Its been so wonderful to follow you through this journey and share in your families love and strength. Watching Levi say "me" made me cry...of course! lol Though he has no idea how much meaning is wrapped up in that one little word, it certainly was a moment to rejoice!! All the best in 2013. Hopefully we will make our way out to Kincardine some day soon and I can see these little monkeys in person. Much love, Sheri :)

    ReplyDelete